Monday, August 11, 2014

Arsenal 3- Man City 0

Mockery: Arsenal fans poked fun at the City supporters by doing the 'Poznan' celebration after the third goal
I have more attacking options than I had for a long time - that's for sure. 

Three, four, five years ago, every year we lost a big player. In the last two years, we added players like Ozil and this season like Alexis so of course that strengthens the squad. 

I am of course very ambitious but I'm a bit cautious because I have quite a good experience. 

I look around and see the other teams have strengthened as well so it will be interesting to watch the Premier League because it looks like all the big teams will be very strong.

Arsene Wenger

 Crisp finish: Cazorla drove into the bottom right-hand corner with his left foot to open the scoring Skipping in: Goalkeeper Willy Caballero could do nothing about the effort as it bobbled beyond himAll smiles: Calum Chambers goes over to congratulate the playmaker after he found the net Linking up so soon: Cazorla gets a hug from Sanchez after opening the scoring in the capital Eyes on the prize: Welshman Aaron Ramsey smashed in the second goal just before half-timeAll too easy: Arsenal were roared forward by Ramsey from midfield and raced into a 2-0 half-time leadHave that: Giroud took one touch before unleashing an unstoppable shot on Caballero's goalOver him in a flash! Willy Caballero could do nothing about Giroud's stinging effort from distance 
"I had a look at the keeper and I was thinking that he was a bit too much forward from his line," Giroud told Arsenal Player. 

"I tried instinctively to shoot and to hit the target. I was a bit lucky but that's what I wanted to do.


"I came back just two weeks ago but when I came back I felt the squad looked really solid and with a really good commitment and spirit," he added.


"I have good feelings about our game and in training we joined with Laurent and Mathieu really early last week to play in the games. I feel we will be stronger than last year so we will wait for our Germans and see if we can reach our goals this season."

 Giroud

Hugging the little man: Cazorla is embraced by Giroud after the Frenchman's 60th minute goal Early silverware: Arsenal beat Manchester City 3-0 to win the Community Shield at Wembley on Sunday Getting a soaking: The triumphant Arsenal players sprayed each other with champagne afterwardsShut your eyes: Oxlade-Chamberland, Wilshere, Cazorla, Sanchez and Arteta smile after getting wet Picture perfect: Cazorla borrows a camera and takes a selfie with full back Nacho Monreal on the pitch
Daily Mail

No comments:

Post a Comment