Friday, May 23, 2014

Genevieve- Nachukia gharama za umaarufu (2)

 

What will you say is the worst story ever written about you in the press?

So many bad things. But the one I hated most was the one of Fred Amata and I, which I don’t know where they got it from. It hurt me so much. It was not just fair.

How do you feel anytime you read negative things about your person in the media?

Certainly, I don’t feel good.

What if the stories are true, but maybe you were not expecting it to be published?

It’s rarely been the truth. Maybe a bit of it, but that’s not how it happened. The press never tells the story the way it is. 

It’s usually a bit from here and a bit from there. For a very long time, they have not written anything true about me…
How did you come into the movie industry?

I have been acting since I was eight in Ripples. That was how I got into acting. For movies, I think that should be 1998 in Most Wanted. 

I met Torino (Emeka Ojukwu) in a bus and to my greatest surprise, he recognized me, from Ripples, when I was about eight, nine. 

He asked why I left the industry. He later invited me to this audition – Most Wanted. I got a role, a ‘waka-pass’ and that was it.
But the story we heard was that Kunle Coker brought you in and that both of you even dated?
 
Yes, Kunle Coker was actually my boyfriend. But he did not bring me into the industry.

They said he was heartbroken when you deserted him. What led to the collapse of your relationship?

Well, relationships come and go.

 kemifilani

Itaendelea kesho 

No comments:

Post a Comment