Friday, November 30, 2012

Walcott - I feel ‘deadly’ in front of goal




Theo Walcott admits he feels increasingly confident in front of goal and is making big strides forward every season.

The England international scored his 10th goal of the campaign in Wednesday night’s 1-1 draw at Everton, and once again impressed with a lively display.

Walcott has been pleased with his start to the season, and feels that he is only going to get better.

“Those are the sort of positions [at Everton] that this season and in the last few seasons I have been quite deadly in,” he said. “When given a little sniff I am able to take it now. The goals [I have scored] show that.

“I think I scored 11 last season and 13 the year before. Not just that, but my general play [is getting better] as well. The assists are coming now, which is fantastic, and I am enjoying my football.

“I am very happy with the way I have started and it has got to continue. Hopefully I will take it into Saturday's game.”

Arsenal

No comments:

Post a Comment