Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Yaya Toure anataka kurudi Barcelona

The Cote d'Ivoire international spent three years at Camp Nou before making the switch to Manchester City and has admitted interest in making a return to Catalunya.

EPL-  Newcastle United v Manchester City, Yaya Toure

  Yaya Toure has admitted that "it would be great" if he could move back to Barcelona and finish his playing career at Camp Nou.

The Ivorian midfielder featured for the Blaugrana for three years and was sold to Manchester City for around 30 million euros in the summer of 2010.

Toure has been a popular figure at the Etihad Stadium and his double at Newcastle on Sunday left City on the cusp of its first top-flight crown in 44 years, but the 28-year-old has revealed his desire to end his career with the Catalans.

"I would love to return to Barcelona and finish my playing career there. If they called me, I would not think twice about it," he said in an interview with Catalan radio station RAC1

"I love the city, and Barca has been the most important club for me. I love Barcelona. In the press conference I did when I left, I said I would return. In life you never know what will happen tomorrow. If I could return, it would be great."

Toure then added that new Barca coach Tito Vilanova will be able to carry on Pep Guardiola's work at the club when the latter steps down at the end of this season in what he believes was a bizarre decision.

"It was a little strange, because Guardiola has been a key figure in the success of Barca. But we are all human. I know the new coach very well. He is a very good person and his footballing philosophy is similar to Guardiola's. He will be a very good coach."

No comments:

Post a Comment