Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Alifukuzwa Chuo Kuu kwa ujauzito sasa ni mwanafunzi bora

 

Aishat with her son, Damilola
 
Seven years after an unwanted pregnancy forced her to drop out of the University of Ilorin, Aishat Farooq emerges the best graduating student of the Bells University of Technology, Ota, Ogun State.

It was in 2006 and in her third year. She was pregnant for a fellow student whom she had been dating. 

She was disappointed in herself and thought the whole world was crashing on her. Yet, she vowed not to terminate the pregnancy.

“The rebel in me won,” she declared while giving the valedictory address on behalf of the 208 graduating students of the university.

“I hope my story will inspire at least one person to change his or her circumstance. I was pregnant at 18 and by 19 I was already a mother. I had disappointed my father who believed so much in me. He had such big dreams for me and feared the dreams would become unfulfilled,” she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment