Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Mwandishi wa habari akiri kupotoka

When I made the post, I was carried away by politics, instead of seeing the journalist in me, I saw myself as an individual and left out the professional part of me,” the reporter, who asked not to be named, said. 

I changed… I no longer post such messages on social media. I am cautious, but I see colleagues still make the mistake.”

“There is a lot of burden, because there is a thin line between yourself [as a professional] and your political or tribal affiliation. This is very challenging for us journalists. This is what we are fighting with trying to have a balance between you as an individual or you as a professional journalist; yourself coming from a certain community and having a political preference,” he said.

Capital

No comments:

Post a Comment